Just read an article from Cycling Weekly that lists 8 reasons why cycling alone is better than cycling in a group.
- You can ride where you want
- You can ride when you want
- You can rest when you want
- Easier to stick with your plan
- More time to think
- You can't be dropped
- You can abandon the ride when you want
- You win all the intermediate sprints
While I certainly agree that riding alone has its perks, I must say I prefer riding with others. Riding with friends gives me more motivation. I also like planning where we will go together. They might know better trails. What do you prefer?